Originally Posted by Hooker22
Most of the mass produced recurves seem to be designed for a 28" draw. If you have a 29" draw like me you might be disappointed. I have found them difficult to draw past 28" inches and often felt finger pinch. I would recommend going to an archery or primitive weapons rendezvous. I have found that there are usually several vendors that are plenty willing to let you try out their bows. You will probably find many custom and used bows of all types. I have several recurves but tend to use my longbows the most.

Depends on limb length (and other)
My old Hoyt Huntmaster was 58" bow and it hit the freakin wall at 29.
The replacement model sold by PSE (same model, Korean Import- also known as Samick SHB).....had 60" limbs.
Didn't hit the wall like the 58".

I also don't have fat fingers. I can draw 29 with a 58" bow and they are fine, no pinch, shoot well.
Since I can get by with a 58" and draw 28.5", I have no desire for a 60 or 62" bow.
Had em, just like shorter for hunting.

Have buds that draw less than me that like 62" for the smoothness. If its there I don't feel it. Not that a 62" has much difference than a 58".
Theyre both fine, one is just longer than I like. My 58's lay in back seat of my Jeep smile

Last edited by hookeye; 04/03/21.