This is a real sweetheart. It's never been messed with in any way since it came from the Colt factory in the early to middle 1960s, when, as the Scottish say, I was but a wee lad.

It was apparently taken off a criminal in the middle Two-Thousands, because it was sold by the Sheriff's Department to the gun store down the street at that time. I saw it as it was being unboxed right off the truck with all the other confiscated guns from the Sheriff's Department that the gun store had just purchased, and when I saw it, I told the clerk (whom I'd known for a few years at that time) that I wanted that one, so he set it aside, and later we worked out a price. The price was excellent, as I recall, but I cannot remember what it was, exactly. Seems like it was around $600.00, though.

It came with the original hard rubber factory Colt grips (which I still have), but I took them off pretty quick for some nice Cocobolo, double diamond, checkered ones. Recently, It's been sporting these real elephant ivory grips that I purchased many years ago, back when it was still legal to import the stuff to the US. For all I know, those grips are worth about as much as the gun at this point.

[Linked Image]

Sights are crude, essentially the same as USGI WWII era, so with my old eyes this was the typical ten yard group (multiple mags full) from a two handed, off hand, standing, hold

Trigger is nice and crisp, at around a four pound break.

[Linked Image]

I fired 150 rounds of UMC Remington 230 grain FMJ and, just to see how it handled them, two mags full of 230 grain HST. All rounds put through it functioned flawlessly, as has been the norm for this gun for as long as I've owned it.

[Linked Image]