Originally Posted by Switch
Why in God's green earth don't the board of directors get rid of this clown? I quite a few years ago because of him, but rejoined because we need something to stand up to the anti's, but not sure it was the right thing to do. I had this POS pinned as a con man years ago when I saw him in Las Vegas kissing Harry Reid's ass at the opening of the shoot facility there. Why do we need him and his huge salary? Time to get rid of all the top brass at the NRA and start over with a few honest people. Tirm limits are needed in the NRA as well as Congress.

Many of the board members owe their seat to WLP because of his indirect control of the Nominations Committee. People nominated by petition rarely, if ever, get elected. If it goes to the 76th director position. he has his minions using NRA funds lobby for the preferred candidate. Even after it was exposed, they continued it. I saw it in person at the Annual Meeting this past October in Tucson.

The other reason many on the board support him is he throws perks their way. There was the aforementioned safari to Africa with his wife. It was on the NRA's sponsored Under Wild Skies with Tony Makris. Makris used to be best buds with Wayne and helped him save his job back in the 90s. Other board members are rewarded with the ability to be on the show and have their safari to Africa paid for with your money and my money.

I watched much of his testimony this morning in the bankruptcy hearing. It was painful. He would be asked a yes/no question and he'd start to ramble on. The attorney for NYAG and AckMac would then ask that it be struck for being "non-responsive" and the judge would sustain it. It got to the point where his own bankruptcy attorneys were telling him to just answer yes or no. The judge was a bit fed up and said, "I've asked you a dozen or more times to limit yourself to the question asked. Do you understand me?"

WLP did himself no favors in his testimony.