Beautiful rifle and thank you, very much for adding to my database. The "G" looks like the others that i have seen and is obviously a little different than the numbers. I would gladly share my loads but, i am still looking for a 1965 Target. Hows that for a little irony.

The G prefix is confusing. As i said, I have never talked to anyone that is tracking or even aware of the G prefix added to 1964 to 1968 Model 70s. The 64-68 M70s are generally considered the "worst" of all the versions by collectors so i doubt anyone will ever care. Only through collecting 65s have i stumbled on them.

Another confusing "G" issue occurred when Winchester re introduced the Control Round Feed in the early 90s, they used a block of previously unused numbers. So, a 1994 CRF model 70 may have a lower serial number than a 1974 etc. That really confuses a lot of people.

Again, beautiful rifle. I like that the but pad hasn't been replaced and you still have a target block at the muzzle...very nice. Keep us posted on what loads work.

Chip

Last edited by Centennial; 04/10/21.