I've recently noticed that my data usage online has jumped drastically. All of my internet comes via my cell phone acting as a hotspot and I've been doing this for a number of years now, successfully.

My phone records where data is used, in a general way. I know that over 95% of my data is used through the hotspot.

I purchase 15 gigs of (high speed) data monthly, and generally use about 10-12 gigs mostly between here and youtube. I'd expect youtube to be the principal data user, but recent events at the "fire have caught my attention. Note that I almost always end each month with a data surplus.

I generally check my available data allowance weekly or so. A day or so before THIS EVENT, 27 March on the fire I had 4.something gigs remaining for the month. And yes, my monthly data allowance begins on the 1st day of the month.

The day following the event linked to above I was notified by my cellular provider that I was almost out of high speed data. I ran out of data and elected not to purchase more before my renewal. On the 1st of the month i began anew with 15 gigs available once again. My browsing habits have not changed. I ran out of data today...

I no longer see the ad videos that resulted in THE EVENT link above. But it was the day after they appeared that my extreme data usage was noted. Could it be that something is running in the background of the 'Fire that is gobbling data?

I have also noted that HD video has become more common on youtube. But I've always been cautious and conscious of that and mostly take steps to limit data usage there.

Has anyone else noted using a LOT MORE data?

"Chances Will Be Taken"