Originally Posted by lawnman
Got to doc on Monday. Got this constant ringing in my ears for couple weeks now. Any experience and advice would be helpful
............................I have had this problem from the left ear since about August of 2017. There is no cure nor any surgical remedy. There are loads of cure tinnitus peddlers out there on you tube, google and elsewhere including health food and vitamin stores. And if you pursue products that either claim a potential cure or at the very least whom claim noise reductions then you will spend thousands of $$$ in the process and still have the same problem....I have had every test available including checking to see if I had TMJ or jaw alignment issues (twice). No issues with my jaw, hearing, no headaches nor pain of any kind.

Tinnitus is more common as we get older primarily beyond 50, so I have been told. Because we are hearing a constant ringing or hissing, the brain is telling us that there is noise when in reality there is no background noise. Even though I hear mine during the waking hours it is easy to deal with. During the day no problem. However turn the lights and TV off and get into bed with nothing but silence in the background, then the constant ringing or hissing is much more evident. Tinnitus affects one's quality of sleep and overall quality of life.

You are going to need to adapt to this condition and it will take time to get more use to it. I have a noise machine on my nightstand that simulates ocean waves, rain and other noises that are designed to distract the brain from the constant hissing or ringing while trying to go to sleep and while sleeping. It works but in my case to a small degree. You can also try some soft easy listening music.

Your doc test you for TMJ? Had a hearing test? Wash out your ears using an ear wash kit?

Best of luck to ya. I know what you are going through and know very well what you will be going through.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger