Originally Posted by blairvt
I've been using a Winchester 37 and the same shells in #6's. Same box of shells that my Dad used for years. they work just fine. Don't understand all the $5 a pop shells people must have.

Not a “must have”, but I do want to make the most of the rare public land opportunities I get near here. I’m also taking the time and bearing the expense to pattern and check POI so I don’t miss or wound. Just like deer hunting, our methods and equipment vary according to our situations. Guys with access to private land, plentiful turkeys, food plots, etc, might be a bit more casual about guns and shells. Fall hunters who scatter flocks of hens and poults or get shots while hunting other small game might get a different idea of what works too.

I m-m-m-missed one a few years ago with the same Activ plated 5s I hammered one with previously using another gun at about the same range. Didn’t pattern them in the gun I missed with, but if I ever use them again, you can bet I will.

This is my first whack using TSS. Starting with a .410, which has proven capable on targets to 50 yards with Apex Ninjas. Weighs a lot less than my A5 too. Have a new 20 as well for round 2 if it comes to that.

What fresh Hell is this?