Several years ago I called three longbeards in and they were really putting on a show. I got so wrapped up in it I let them get way too close for my ultra tight shooting 12 gauge Benelli M1/Indian Creek choke/Hevi 13 shell combination and I missed the dominant bird at about 12 yards. Man I was ticked off.

On the drive home from the national forest there is a little country store and I stopped in to get a sandwich and Coke. There is a little section of the store where they might have a used gun or two, a few boxes of 06' and .30-30, .22 LR and assorted shotshells, orange vest, camo gloves, bluegill fishing hooks and bobbers, catfish bait, ect. I spied a box of 2 3/4" 1.5 ounce Winchester Super XX Magnum 5's. My trusty old Wingmaster 870 loves that shell.

The next morning I had that old Wingmaster stuffed full of those Winchester baby magnums. Going completely old school I had an old Lynch box call and a Andy Kaiser slate. I killed a mature longbeard at 24 long paces. Easy peasy!

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.