Originally Posted by andrews1958
Again I did want to upset anyone that read my post. As a Christian I just do like to see where the Lord's word in used in vain that is clearly stated in the Bible which one member had done..

I am in hopes that the moderator will remove my post today

You've been around here a long time, so you know you gotta have thick skin for some discussions. If you filter throught the haters and moral superioritists, you might get a discussion.

i tested a number of USA designed and made in China scopes. As our own Mule Deer told me "China is capable of making any quality from poor to excellent. It'sall a matter of what you want to contract them for." They make jet aircraft and nuclear bombs, so they can make precision instruments. They can turn out cheap like no one else.

I took 4 scopes, made in China, I put them on various rifles ranging from .22 LR - 7mm Rem Mag to 9.3 x 62. Then I took them off and sent them to three other members who mounted them on various rifles ranging from 7 x 57 to .300 Weatherby to .375 H & H

The verdict?

1 - Decent glass. Nothing to swoon over but pretty impressive for the money

2 - they were BIG and heavy. One 4-24 x 56 was dubbed "The Hubble" after infamous Hubble space telescope

3 - parallax was an issue with models over 18X magnification.

4 - several were downright impressive for the preice point

5 - nobody would take any of them over a Leupold VX-III

6- none broke. Not in shooting several hundred rounds OR being shipped USPS wrapped up. That says something for them.

7 - Not bad in low light or "legal shooting light", but not "European high end" performance either. One model listed Schott Glass as it turns out the Germans have to go to China to get lead glass. Europe has the lead phobia too.

So it was a fun and intersting fact finding experience several of us shared on. I never wrote about it before now because of the predictable responses from people who'd never take time or effort to run such a test.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo