Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Yeah, I know what you meant...............generally the ones you are describing are more of less junk or at least 2nd or 3rd tier, trying to be pawned off as what they are not.

My point is/was that in general, even the best frankenguns don't have their true value except to their builders. Unless that builder has some notoriety.

MM

A guy on the S&W forum had a "Colt Commando". Glad he's finally pulled it or I'd have been suspended again. smile

Probably like when someone posts an all original pre 64 model 70 and it is far from it. I get what some of you are saying, however AR's are much more modular than anything real collectible like pre 64 model 70 Winchesters. I can understand the frustration a collector of AR's might have. A rifle like the one your describing should be all colt, down to the last detail. I get that. But some here get bent out of shape when they see a rifle like my Noveske, that is damn near 100% Noveske, but I put the lower together. To them it's a "franken rifle". They get bent out of shape if I call it a Noveske. Is it because they are mad that they spent $3,000.00 on theirs and I spent $1,000.00 on mine? If I take it to Grants pass and have a buddy there that works for Noveske, touch it, is it then anointed enough to be considered a real Noveske? Sometimes guys here crack me up. grin whistle
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The BCM I just bought is going to be even less BCM when I get done with it because I really don't like all things BCM. The gunfighter crap is coming off and its going to be replaced with something better. To me, that is the beauty of the AR. Build them the way you like them. Keeping in mind that sometimes you may be devaluing it. I recently saw an Aero precision selling for $1,800.00. It was a 224 Valkyrie, but besides that it was just another damn Aero precision. I've seen Anderson's selling for $1,000.00, so we are at a point where it really doesn't matter what's written on the side of the receiver. We are more than likely going to get more for our AR's than what we have into them. Unless you are one that has $1,800.00 or more into your rifle, then you are going to take it in the shorts and not recoup your money. Its like anything in the rifle world. Buy it right and you don't ever have to worry about losing money on the deal.. I honestly think the guys that way overspent on chidt, are the ones complaining about others "franken rifles", so to speak..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA