Originally Posted by BluMtn
Just got mine out of jail yesterday. Went and shot it last night. Found it on GB. It came with 1-10 round and 3-13 round magazines. paid $499 for it. I think I did all right. It has the safety but I have no intention of using it. Compared to my gen 1 shield you can't hardly tell the grip difference. I really like it. I have contacted Magguts wondering when they will have a +2 for the mags and they said they are working on it now.

Odd that it came with all those mags, considering how hard they are to find and S&W only includes two for the standard model and three for the enhanced (night sight) model. You somehow lucked out on the mags.

As for the thumb safety, I wouldn't own a Shield with one. Either, like with a 1911, the thumb safety being engaged (with a round in the chamber) is the standard way to carry it (and that's how you constantly practice with it), or I don't want a thumb safety at all that could accidentally become engaged at the worst possible time and get you killed because routinely disengaging the thumb safety isn't part of your training.