Darn shame there are so few quality flat nose bullet offerings for a mid bore lever gun. In my opinion a 200 to 220 grain bullet would sell if some one put them out there. The old Alaska Bullet Works business has been sold to a guy from Sitka and I am trying to find out his contact number so we can ask him to offer the excellent bonded bullet in a 210 to 220 grain version. I have some of their old 250's and heard they might have some 180 grain bullets left. Their bonded bullet is .025 at the nose tapering to .050 at the base. Based on the excellent reputation their bullets have I would not be surprised if the 180 grain version did not kill elk and moose well, especially out to 150 yards with lung shots.

Thanks to Campfire regular "Dinny" a machinist made me up a hollow pointer to use on the 220 grain Speer FN. Finding the right depth and size of hole will be the trick, but if range is kept under 150 yards may not be needed with the 220 grain Speer. But, in my opinion the little .356 case is handicapped because of the lever guns action strength and available bullets.

Hawk offers a few .358 lever gun bullets, but their round nose offerings are better then their flat nose offerings. Not a big deal as I took a file to the round nose of the 350 grain Hornady .458 bullets for years and shot them out of my old Marlin 45-70.

The mid bore old school lever gun cartridges, bullets and improvements in action strengths are a neglected lot, which is a darn shame as good bonded bullet would give them a much needed boost. As would a 210-220 grain Nosler Partition.