Originally Posted by Milwroad
Actually I do own some. I view it though like gambling or buying any stock. I think in the short run it might be a good gamble, I am not sure about the long run. Like all other speculative assets, timing will be everything. My view is make some money on it (hopefully) and get out. Bulls and Bears make money, pigs get slaughtered is an old investment cliche. Stay too long to try to get rich and it probably will not end up well.

I expect we will see a significant correction in the somewhat near future, I wish I knew when. There are so many different projects currently, running on different blockchains, and money is just flying around. Something has gotta give at some point. I think the big players and those solving real problems will survive, and rise from the ashes to new heights like they did in the previous crash. Like you said, best to take your profits early and reduce exposure well before it crashes, rather than trying to guess the peak.
It is a gamble, but at least its an educated gamble. Frankly, the potential is unmatched anywhere else that I know of. Making 100% gains in a couple months is considered not doing very well...