Boomer, here in my part of the world, no-till is most used method, followed by minimum till. On my land here, there are 3 crops grown in two years. The first year, corn will be planted, harvested in the late summer and early fall. Wheat is then planted, either my no-tilling into the corn stubble, or by discing the corn stalks in, and drilling the wheat in. The wheat will be harvested in June, and then soybeans are no-till planted. It is not unusual to see both a combine, and a planter in the field at the same time, as it is important to get the soybeans planted as soon as possible. For a few years, there were people seeding the soybeans before wheat harvest, by using a plane to drop the beans into the wheat. That method was just dependent on too many things in order for it to work, and was soon abandoned.

Not all land is good for wheat, as wheat likes a well drained soil. On the land that wheat is not grown on, a corn-soybean rotation is used. It's rare here to see corn and beans grown without being rotated. A lot of the soil here is prone to erosion, and that's why no-till is so popular. Of course, no-till is very dependent on chemicals, especially glysophate. The use of Roundup (glysophate) is widespread, and it would be interesting to see what would happen without it.