Some tillers have counter-rotating tines, probably the best option. Bigger is better too if the garden is of any size. Just went through Hell getting a new one, as most are imported or have imported engines and ships are stacked up offshore due to trucking backlogs. The Cub tiller I ordered in December was nixed by an availability issue with the tines. Ordered a Troy Built from Home Depot, but it disappeared from tracking, and they cancelled the order because there were no more to be had. Finally found a smaller Craftsman, which is identical to a Troy Built Colt. It’s just barely up the task, but all I could find locally or online. My original backup plan for the Cub was a Honda, but those are still afloat as well.

Bottom line is you may not have much or any choice, so get what you can.

PS: The first Troy Built I ordered suddenly showed up in my driveway, long after my money was refunded. Now I know why it vanished; it had been dropped and the crate almost destroyed. Not sure what was inside, but it was rattling around loose. The express company came back and hauled it off.

Last edited by Pappy348; 04/16/21.

What fresh Hell is this?