II have a Uberti made Cimarron 44 special with a 7&1/2 inch barrel. All my reloading manuals list loads with quick burning powder for 750-800fps with 250 grain bullets My problem is the gun shoots 6-8 inches high at 25 yards. I don't believe I can make/attach a higher front sight. I believe the problem is the low velocity is allowing the recoil to raise the barrel before the bullet is out. My 4&3/4 inch Ruger shoots these loads maybe 2 inches high. I use 250 grain cast bullets which may be on the heavy side, but I have a 4 cavity mold for it and the availability of 200 grain bullets is nonexistent. I tried 12 grains of 2400 and it shot 5 inches high but was very dirty. I like 16 grains of 2400 in my Ruger which burns clean but I'm afraid to try it in the Uberti so I no longer load it. The recoil of the above loads is very mild. I would like a higher velocity load that is safe in the Uberti. Does anyone know how it compares to the Ruger strengthwise? I'm sure Brian Pierce could answer my questions but I don't know how to contact him. Thanks,Mike

NRA Patron Member

If its "Made in America", its not setting on a container ship!