The Uberti is safe with loads that are appropriate for a Colt SAA. It is not suitable for the "Ruger/FA only" loads. A lighter bullet is the simplest way to bring the group down. I have a .44 Spl. Colt SAA and use 2 different loads in it, both with 240 grain SWC commercial hard cast bullets; 5.0 grains of Red Dot for about 750 fps, and Skeeter's load of 7.5 grains of Unique for about 900 fps. Both loads shoot to the sights from my revolver.

One way to raise the front sight that I have used in the past may scare you a bit. I had a 4 3/4" Colt SAA .44/40 with an extra .44 Special cylinder that shot unacceptably high with all loads in both calibers. There was a large vise at work with smooth faced jaws. I placed the front sight fully into the jaws and squeezed it hard in the vise. I ended up with a significantly thinner, and significantly higher, front sight. My revolver then shot to point of aim. I thought that the thinner front sight made it easier to get a good sight picture than in it's original, wider configuration. The smooth jaws of the vise did not mar the sides of the sight, at least not enough to notice. If you are feeling adventurous, this method worked for me. But use it at your own risk.

Last edited by wildhobbybobby; 04/17/21.

Life is like a purple antelope on a field of tuna fish...