So many front rests work very well. The thing that is more important than the front rest is the size of the front bag that straps to the front rest. Look at the Protektor models. They have different sizes, from a #1 (small) to a #3 (large) and then square sided ones from 2" to 6". As long as the front rest is of adequate quality (made of metal and not plastic), then they are all more similar than not. Find a front bag size that fits your rifle the best. Most lightweights like the #1, sporter's like the #2 and real heavy benchrest type rifles with the wide forend like the #3 and bigger. It also helps to place the rifle in the front rest in the right spot. Not right out on the tip of the forend, like some pictured in this thread. Try putting the rifle on the rest so the front action screw is just aft of the bag. See pictures below:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

In this pic, I was testing my SKS with different sizes of front bags. It preferred the slightly wider bag on that rest. My Tikka's like the other rest better (blue front rest in picture, made by Hoppes and is aluminum).

Here's another good example of where to set your rifle in the front rest:
I don't f around with chitty rests or equipment. If it doesn't work, it goes in the trashcan. This particular 52B shoots like this, on that day and every day:

Here's a "lightweight" rifle on the rest and the groups it shoots:

You often hear about guys struggling to shoot lightweight rifles and then you see pictures of how they are set up on the bags or rests and then you say, ok...

Even AR's can sit in a good front rest bag and shoot well..

Another lightweight rifle. Tikka superlite:

And no, a front rest does not need a gearshifter and v8 engine to work well.. Just sayin..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA