Originally Posted by Lorne
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
laugh laugh

Of course, if I disagree, I'm being unfair. laugh

Once enough people die off because the population isn't being smart about infectious diseases, things will get back to normal.

The reality is, people are being vaccinated, and herd immunity will continue to build, but the anti-vaccination crowd will claim COVID has run its course. And medicine had nothing to do with it. In the meantime, much of the world is still in the grip of COVID. Over 3 million have died, and more die each day.

I trust in the medical people. I have watched the videos and read the articles from all sides. Nothing has changed my mind. Myself and most others do not believe it is a hoax. There are too many sick and dead.

Stay safe. Wear a mask. Keep your distance.

Even if you do not believe it works, respect the rights of those who do.

Steve

You have the right to disagree. I , and others, respect that right.

. Please show the same respect to others. Or not

Try to understand you are not the only one with a functioning brain. As has been pointed out that not blindly accepting what is being said does not automatically make them conspiracy theorists, it actually demonstrates interest in one’s own health

Also because I, and others , don’t blindly follow along does NOT mean we do not respect others space, or do not wear our masks when required , contrary to what you seem to think.

Respect is a word you use . Perhaps you should show some for others, not just ones that believe as you do.

It’s not an all or nothing thing . Once I have been mislead by ‘medical people ‘ like Dr. Tam ( for example) I become skeptical of what that person says. I don’t automatically ignore or disbelieve them but I evaluate it and make my own decisions

Do what you want

Lorne, thats probably one of the best posts Ive seen. Exactly mirrors my take on things.

Steve, where i am skeptical isnt the number of deaths. Im not, and never have doubted the number of deaths. What I question, is did they die from covid, or with covid. Big difference in the two. There has been many reports on this. How extensive it is we dont really know. The strange thing is that in Canada at least, the overall deaths dont seem to be any higher and that raises questions no one has answers for.

You say you believe in science. How then do you explain the data/studies done on ivermectin and vitamin D?? Real medical professionals were involved in those studies. When they say that nine out of ten covid deaths could have been prevented with vitamin D, the obvious question is why isnt our CMOs telling the public about it every chance they get?? It should be on the front page of every paper. Dr Kory, testified before the senate on ivermectin. He said and I quote again, " if you take ivermectin you wont get covid." You say you believe in science. Well there's science with the data to back it up.

Now lets talk masks. The largest RCT ever done on masks was done in Denmark. The data showed clearly that masks do not work. Please keep in mind that Randomized Clinical Trials are the gold standard, so this wasnt a bunch of hillbillies. Thats the best data we have available to us. Why dont the CMOs cite it, at the very least???

Then if you believe in science you would have to explain "the great barrington declaration." Literally thousands of doctors around the world have signed that document. Thats the kind of data that makes me a skeptic.