Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
The middleclass is counting on pensions, 401Ks and other retirement investment instruments, all supported by the market.

Do you really believe pensions , 401k's etc.... have a pool of money to pay the pensioners? if you do you are a fool. They are depending upon people paying in today. It's a fuggin Ponzi scheme...

401 (K) accounts are, by definition, asset accounts held and directed by the owner (and beneficiary). If your 401 (k) isn't adequately funded or doesn't provide adequate returns, look in the mirror to find the problem.

Pensions are regulated to the point of suffocation to ensure they don't make investments that risk being unable to pay future obligations. And even then, they are backed up by the federal pension insurance scheme. I would not recommend anyone keep a job with a defined benefit pension without also investing in an IRA on the side. One little inflation blip in your lifetime and you pension is worth shyt.

Now, social security, that is a CLASSIC ponzi scheme.

When the feds print trillions of dollars and huge sums end up in equities.... well that's a ponzi in my book. Did you read about the tiny Brooklyn deli that had 17k in sales a year went public for millions? yep ponzi
The USD is also taking on Ponzi status.
The federal insurance you mention is a joke as is FDIC

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.