Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by slumlord
Have you noticed he preaches with his eyes closed, every now and then he peeks just to see if anyone is still sitting there listening to his bull shît.
They hold services in the building that used to be the home of the Houston Rockets. They spent about a hundred million dollars renovating the building into their church home. He’s pretty popular down there. They have about 6 services a week and average over 50,000 worshippers/attendees a week. I’ve tried to watch the guy, but he just doesn’t do it for me. Same with trying to read one of his books. It just ain’t there, for me. But he clearly does something good for many, many thousands of people on a regular basis. I’ve seen his house in the River Oaks section of Houston. It’s pretty flippin’ nice.

Any "Church" that has $ 100 million needs to reassess their mission if all that was spent on renovating a building.

$90 mil of it might have had a higher purpose helping others and if you can't build a nice enough "House of Worship" for $10 mil, perhaps it's not a "House of Worship" but a measure of one's grandiosity.

And folks wonder why some of us choose to worship outdoors, in the mountains, forests, prairies and waterways.

Sheesh, hold into the feathering of thy nests.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?