Originally Posted by ro1459
Originally Posted by LeonHitchcox
The constitutional carry bill really isn't. There are too many restrictions, but at least it is a step in the right direction.

What restrictions are you concerned about? I just read the Bill and I didn't see restrictions that most people would be against. Other than no long gun open carry, this was a huge step in restoring the 2nd in TN in my opinion. If there are restrictions I missed, please let us know. I do not want to unknowingly break the law. Thanks for your help with this.

This is from the Tennessee Firearms Association:

The person must be at least 21 years old (or for those in the military or honorably discharged from the military, at least 18 years old);
The person must “lawfully” possess a “handgun” (you cannot carry a rifle, shotgun or a handgun with a barrel of 12 inches or more, see TCA § 39-11-106(a)(18), under the Governor’s bill);
The person must be “in a place where the person is lawfully present”
The person has never been convicted of the misdemeanor crime of stalking under TCA § 39-17-315
The person has not had one or more DUI’s in the last 5 years;
The person has not had two or more DUI’s in the last 10 years;
The person has never been “adjudicated as a mental defective, judicially committed to or hospitalized in a mental institution pursuant to title 33, or had a court appoint a conservator for the person by reason of a mental defect”;
The person is not otherwise prohibited from possessing a firearm by 18 USC § 922(g) as it existed on January 1, 2021.

Last edited by LeonHitchcox; 04/21/21.