I have a pair, a 9.5 Inch SRH as well as an Alaskan. I load my hunting loads with AA#9, H110, and 300MP. I have a Custom 375 grain WFN-GC Mountain Mold. I also have a Pat Marlin 480 Gas Check Maker. The First 480 Gas Check maker that he made. Best load?? I would drop a couple grains off a Full House Book Load and see what he thinks. He can wind it on up if he wants.
I originally had a 30mm UltraDot on it. I have since upgraded to a 30mm MatchDot II. This required the installation of a Weigand 454 SRH Scope Base to get the rings far enough apart for the MatchDot sight. Two versions, the 454 version is heavier duty. The advantage of the MatchDot II is the 2 MOA Dot option. This makes a slight difference in Dot Bloom Late and Early. I have a deep valley in the woods I hunt in that gets dark early.
I shoot mostly shot shells in the Alaskan. You can kill copperheads from the tractor seat with it.
My local dealer has a Bisley in 480 that really tempts me. The $1150 price tag has kept me at bay however. Not 100% sure on the barrel length 5.5 or 6.5 would be my guess.

Bob R