Originally Posted by saddlesore
Originally Posted by 117LBS
Originally Posted by Full3r
I have one booked this fall with “The bison ranch” out of North Dakota. Ranch in pingree if I remember right. 3 nights lodging, a 2to -2 1/2 year old bull or heifer. They butcher and quick freeze it on sight. Keep head, hide and any other parts I want. Taking wife’s grandpa as it on his bucket list. Everything said and done $4200. Little higher than some of the others I looked at but they do all processing and will transport hide and skull to taxidermist. After bison hunt I can hunt the ranch for predators or pheasant at no extra cost so all in all it not terrible. Allows 1 guest at no extra cost.

Just some numbers for you guys who might be thinking about it.

That actually sound pretty damn reasonable....

That is a good price for sure

Did a "hunt" with the bison ranch about fifteen years back. It was a harvest I knew that going into it. Of course price was way less. I paid 800 bucks for the whole package. Processing was extra. At the time there was a outfit in town doing the processing. At the time Oren Krapp was running things. His son has taken over. Oren was still casually involved last I heard. If his son runs the place even half as good as his old man did it will be the best experience you ever have related to hunting. It is beyond a first class operation. They have made a ton of improvements to lodging since then. Beautiful area to wonder around. You won't be disappointed. Been kicking around the idea of doing this again. Time and money just never seem to line up.