Originally Posted by 300_savage
Mule Deer, how has this, and past, shortages affected your profession? Seems to me it might limit what you could write if you have trouble getting components for projects/article topics.

The shortages have been interesting, but really haven't affected my work that much. I have always tended to keep more components on hand than the average handloader, so am usually sufficiently stocked with powder and primers. The components I have had occasional problems finding are brass and bullets, especially recent introductions because even the manufacturers don't have any on hand.

Occasionally I can find some at a local store--one in particular, because it's probably the least-popular reloading supply place around, since it's part of a local chain that sells everything from skateboards to running shoes. As a result the reloading section is relatively small--and the shelves go from the floor to around 7 feet high, and are relatively small and deep. As a result the lower shelves often have stuff ending up in the back, where nobody looks! Have found hard-to-get stuff like 250-grain 9.3mm Nosler AccuBonds and 6.5-300 Weatherby brass in the back of those lower shelves!

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck