I have dabbled in trapping for years, but this year after taking a transfer to AK I decided to go balls deep into it. I had trapped raccoons, fox and coyotes a bit, thrown some bobcat snares out too but I never got serious about it. Well this year, after catching 2 lynx and 3 wolverine I decided to buy some seriously high quality traps, instead of the cheaper Duke and to a lesser extent, Bridger (despite 2 wolverines being held in Duke #3s, 1 of which was just a toe catch). The first wolverine was literally lunging at me when I got to it, so I was a bit nervous about the trap holding, though it ultimately did. A few weeks later I caught another, and maybe I got lucky with this big male wolverine being toe held by a $15 trap, but maybe not. It wasn't literally trying to kill me as the first one was, but it had also been in the trap for a few days. He chewed every limb off of that tree, DESTROYED the chain and swivels and also bent the trap frame and spring fasteners a bit, though it still works.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

After much deliberation I had it narrowed down to either MB or NO BS traps. NO BS got the nod over MB, so I ordered a dozen of their Beaver X-Tremes since they were big enough for wolf if need be, but not too big as my primary targets are lynx and wolverine (also because I just luv beaver). Well, HO LEE FÜCK are these things hellastout. I have zero worries about any future wolverine or wolf breaking chain link welds or having swivels fail.

Despite the Dukes working and me not loosing a critter in them, I am intrigued and suspect these NO BS traps will be well worth their cost. I am totally looking forward to this coming season and plan to double up on the amount of wolverine sets I have out. My one complaint (so far) is that the night latches don't seem to work right. I can't feel nor hear the "click", but when setting the trap I can lift up on the pan and make sure it doesn't move up, in which case it is set correctly. Maybe they just need broke in a bit.

Anyhow I hope if anyone is thinking about upgrading their traps, or thinking about getting more into the sport like myself, that you consider this helpful. I most certainly plan to have success pictures next winter.