They're all so doggone cool! Little ones, big ones, red ones, blue ones... Lever actions, single shots, muzzle loaders, bolt actions... Even a few semi-autos...

I've plinked with them, hunted with them, gripped them in life & death situations... I just like rifles! I revere their history. I like the results of forward thinkers. I like handloading for them, shooting in competition with them, hunting with them, and I really liked having one in my hands when the situation was a wee bit tense.

I'm a guy who likes simple solutions. One 4x4 vehicle, one motorcycle, one bicycle... I love the IDEA of one big game rifle... But dang! All those others... Sigh.

I'm not a wealthy guy. I'm not a guy who has hunted the world. But I have some rifles, not a gazillion, just some rifles. And often it bugs me 'cause I know that for what I do, I "need" only one big game rifle.

For centerfire hunting rifles I've got:

Ruger Number One rifles x2
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Lever action Marlins x2

Bolt action hunting rifles x3

As well as a few target rifles, a varmint rifle and an AR-15 I keep around just in case bad stuff happens.

7 hunting rifles may not seem like a lot, but dang! It's what I've cut back to after having a dozen different ways of killing a mule deer. Oh, and there's a traditional muzzle loader that's taken a couple of mule deer too. Then there are two hunting bows as well...

Honestly, I could do it all with my 30-06 Remington 700 CDL - it's brought me pronghorn, mule deer, elk, black bear, wolf and grizzly...

But, I LIKE all the other rifles! Dang. Could probably sell most of them, rely just on the 30-06, and easily afford a trip to Africa. But, where would all my rifles be?

Sigh... I think they were referring to this as a "First World Problem" in recent times. Sigh. Such a burden. I'm afraid that I may have to keep them. Unless I get wild & crazy and sell most of them and go to Africa! smile

Who knows? Is there something wrong with liking lever actions, bolt actions, single shots and muzzle loading rifles? Some folks sure seem to get bent out of shape about others who don't share their preference. Me? I like 'em all! smile *Never shot a pump/slide action hunting rifle, but I'd like to!

Regards, Guy