I've wanted pre-64 Winchester in 375 and 300 H&H for a while - now I have both and I got them at prices for less than I sold a couple 700 classic's for at the Tulsa show.

I think the pre '64 70 and 94 prices have gone down considerably and Remington 700's have gone up considerably -- who would have guessed.

I've sold rifles in the past that have gone way up in prices after I sold them. I bought some rifles and was confident that they would go up in price - a couple decades later finally sold them for what I bought them for.

Same with old cars and pickups. I sold my 1965 Impala Super Sport high performance 396 for a song and sold square body Chevy's and late 70's Ford pickups for way less than today's prices. I have bought some old tractors that one day were fairly high priced - I bought them recently for about 1/2 or less of what they were recently - example a recently over-hauled Ford 8N with heavy duty loader for $1,000. Then I bought a mower and a 3 point field cultivator for scrap steel prices.

It's sort of like the stock market, I guess. I'm terrible regarding the stock market. I'm even worse at buying and selling houses.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally