GoDog57: I am just hurting for that fellow - I hope he is RIGHT handed because that is gonna leave a mark!
Having said that I worked on a force of 1,100 plus police types who switched to Glocks about 10 years before I pulled the pin.
I have seen about 100 loaded Glocks fall to the cement, the dirt, locker room floors, the pavement, the fiberglass decks of boats, flooring of most all types and I have never seen a Glock detonate (discharge) as a result of the sudden stop to those falls!
In addition I know MANY officers from many departments and NONE of them have ever expressed witnessing or hearing of a Glock "going off" when dropped.
I personally was once tasked with discharging a Glock 22 as soon as I could after re-dipping it into water whilst I was assigned to our agencies Harbor Unit - the Glock fired from my gloved left hand with NO problemo!
I simply find it hard, VERY hard, to believe the incident you report here actually happened as you reported it.
Long live Glock - one of the safest most reliable firearms I have ever been around/used/owned!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy