yukon254 & kkahmann;
Good morning to you both, I trust that as much as is in your control that your respective worlds are at least okay.

Thanks for the US vaccine update, that's interesting to hear for sure.

While this isn't vaccine related, it does deal with cross border travel so will offer this up.

Last week my brother and sister in law returned from them being in Mexico for nearly 3 months while she underwent radical cancer treatment that's not available here.

I'd told my brother that I'd heard if they had a letter from their doctor in Canada as well as the doctor(s) in Mexico, that they were supposed to be able to skip the whole forced hotel stay scenario.

They got letters - several I guess - from Canada and Mexico - and he said the only thing Canada Customs said was theirs was the best documentation they'd seen to date and they sincerely wished my sister in law well.

I want to say the only glitch in their quarantine experience is that they were supposed to be sent beer flu tests in the mail from the government - they tested before getting on the flight in San Diego, then upon arrival in Canada, but there's another one maybe a few days later???

Anyways, they're extremely rural so quarantine is a way of life on the farm, especially in planting and harvest, so they'll be fine.

Lastly, I find it sobering that all her doctors in Canada encouraged her in the strongest possible terms to go to Mexico for this treatment. It's a bit of a condemnation on our system I'd suggest that we can't get "world class" treatment here isn't it?

This isn't anything weird and out there either, it's an approved treatment and surgery process that if it works as it appears to have done, will allow her to live. Her condition was such that the Canadian doctors didn't think she'd live through what we offer here.

Anyways, it's not just the senior care here in Canada that we're not doing well. Not that it's a news flash for anyone, just offering personal perspective and nothing more.

All the very best to you both and your respective families as well.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"