Time again for my annual fishing report. Been a weird year with a late spring for us and cool water temps. But hey, work sucks and I hate mowing the grass so we’re fishing.

An unusually cold week in February killed a bunch of our shad making bait tough to come by. We have a pond that’s plumb full of little 3” perch though so plan B isn’t a problem. Been catching a few catfish and the bite is getting better every day. Nothing big yet but the big girls have to eat and they’ll be going into overdrive soon in preparation for the spawn. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The trolling is a conflict for me, the boy loves to ride in the boat and run the motor but it coincides with the best catfishing. The best plan is to troll when it’s nice and catfish when it’s blowing. Or on weekends troll early, nap, and catfish until 1am or so. Hard to pass up a bucketful of saugeye, not much that swims in freshwater that’s better tablefare. We killed it last night dragging plugs, a bunch of nice eyes plus a bonus of decent crappie and a couple big sandies. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

More to come....