Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by Butler247
Save you money and try this. Easy. Spend your money on a hunt or ammo.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

That's what I used. You gotta be careful taking that much angle off the trigger part, as you can end up with creep. So, if you're using that schematic, go slow and go easy. Don't start off with the specs shown there. It's probably too much.

Even with a softer spring, you can feel over travel. But that can be corrected with an epoxy knob on the forward part of the trigger, trimmed to allow the sear to clear without excessive over travel. The Basix doesn't need the over travel stop the way it's set up. Once the sear is released, you don't feel over travel, even though there is no trigger stop per se.

I've not messed with the Timney because of the way a cut is required for the safety. I've seen one Timney for a Ruger completely messed up by someone who didn't know what he was doing. The Basix with its innovative eccentric safety engagement screw is really fast, easy to adjust and it works. No critical cut is required. It's hard to mess up the Basix, no so with the Timney. I did put a drop of Loctite on the safety screw lock nut.

Good luck with factory parts. Go easy and you may end up with what you're looking for. If not, go with the Basix.

DF

Good advice.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA