Originally Posted by Rustydust
I have a K-22 4- screw made in 1956 or 1957. I bought it in 1975 for the princely sum of $100. When I started shooting NRA metallic silhouette around 1980 I had it drilled and tapped for bases so I could mount a Redfield 4X handgun scope on it. Later I used it for... oh my gosh....jacks, cottontails, badger, coyote, turtles on logs, prairie dogs, a jillion ground squirrels. Just shot some more yesterday. Great fun it was. Been a while. Since I had it out. But...I like my 10 shot Ruger 22/45 more these days for sure. Quicker to load, faster shooting, no cocking the hammer, just bang bang bang bang pulling the trigger. Now I am wondering if I should sell that 65 year old M-17 or just keep on having occasional fun with it. When I had that 4X Redfield on it I could ring a 5 gallon Freon bottle at 250 yards with it. I delighted in showing off to people how easily I could hit with it. I was young then. Not so young now. 70 be my next birthday so maybe time to pass it on to someone that appreciates it for what it is. A fine shooter that I have been shooting for 45-46 years. Time to let someone else enjoy it perhaps. the 100,000 rounds of shooting just got it slicked up I think. Don't know what to think. Got no boys to give it to, just girls and only one of them has a husband. And he voted for Biden so no way he's getting it. He aint getting [bleep] of mine. Too bad so sad for him.

Dang. That story makes me happy and sad at the same time!

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.