Originally Posted by Judman
Thank ya sir. The bear we actually inherited from my wife great uncle. He use to love to come out to our place and bbq down by the river and tell me huntin/trapping stories from when he lived up on the skagit river in the 40’sand 50’. Mans name was Bing McLeod. He logged in the spring/summer then fall/winter he ran a Trapline just below the BC border above Diablo. Told tales of mtn caribou, wolves, wolverines, living off the land. Really cool old man, miss his company. Anyhow, when he passed the family thought Bing would like us to have it. Brings back good memories. 👍

Jud;
Thanks for the reply and further information.

That's a wonderful bit of family history in that heirloom bear sir! cool

We've spent a fair bit of time in the Manning Park area and travel through that country on our way to the coast when we go, so we're reasonably familiar with our side of it.

If anyone's not been through there, it's tough, wet and not really flat in most spots.

It would have been some wild in the '40's and '50's for sure.

The .300 PRC I'm not familiar with first hand, but by doing some reading it looks like a bit more potential than a .300 Win with the fast twist for heavier projectiles, correct?

Anyways sir again that's a fine arm and a neat bit of family history too, so thanks again for sharing.

All the best to you all.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"