Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
High end mounts and rings can help a sale, but then again you have that 1" vs 30mm/high, medium, low rings that a buyer has already decided on, so I agree with the majority here. I have a friend that is coming over tomorrow to look at my Rem 700 and he already told me he doesn't need a scope. I asked him about the 1" rings, and he said I should leave them on. They are nice, gloss Leupold QRs, so they will add to the appeal of the rifle.

Well my friend bought my Mod 700 and brought over a couple of older Redfield 3x9 wide view scopes, and asked me to mount one of them for him. I chose the one that had a range finder reticle. When you increase the magnification a dial at the bottom pushes up at 50 yard intervals all the way to 600 yards. Pretty cool. Had not seen that feature before in those wide view Redfields.

Operator's Manual]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee