Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by Dixie_Rebel
If the colleges are fearful, let their faculty get the vaccine. If they individually choose. If the vaccines work, don’t worry about those of us who choose not to get it.

People should have personal freedom and not be forced to get a vaccine for this!

The college probably doesn't place much value on the individual student and don't care if they come or not. I have read that some of the Ivy League colleges have seen up to a 50% increase in applications from the high school classes of 2020 and 2021, so they can be more selective then they usually are.

My wife works for a college and employees whose jobs require them to interface with other people are required to get vaccinated. If they choose not to, they are outplaced. My wife has 17 people working for her, 3 of the accountants whose jobs require them to be on campus and interface with other people decided not to get the vaccination and they have been terminated with 1 week of severance pay for each full year that they've been employed. 1 of them is suing the university, while the other 2 took the severance and moved on. My wife was sorry to lose them, but they couldn't do their job remotely, so they had to go.,
That's wrongful termination.

Well, considering what the actual waiver you have to sign says about taking an EUA vaccine, you're probably correct.

But, since the justice system is anything but......