Originally Posted by Blackheart
BL-22's are alright if you don't mind a 10 pound trigger or putting time/money into a trigger job and still not having a particularly accurate rifle. My BL-22 had absolutely the worst trigger of any .22 I've ever owned and also had the distinction of being one of the least accurate. My Henry out shoots it by a bunch and had a crisp, 3 lb. trigger out of the box.

My BL-22 has a decent trigger pull. (maybe 4 pounds). Accuracy at 50 yards with Federal blue box and the open sights isn't great but I have yet to try the CCI red tip stuff that I bought.

Unlike Henry lever .22 rifles (which are decent enough) the BL-22 has a substantial and solid blued machined steel outer receiver, which unlike the Henry, has the barrel screwed solidly into it. The Henry outer receiver is a painted cover that is made of ZA-5 (ZAMAC) zinc-aluminum alloy, which is about 92% zinc as I recall. The Henry has the barrel pinned to a hole in the inner receiver.

The inner receiver on both rifles is alloy. ZA-5 again for the Henry, and aluminum for the BL-22.

A scope fitted to the dovetail on the BL-22 is solidly connected to the barrel.
A scope fitted to the dovetail on the Henry is attached only to the receiver cover.

Removing the Henry outer cover by removing four screws will alter the zero of your scope.

The Henry is easier to put back together than the Browning, because of the fiddly ejector and spring that must be positioned in the BL-22 when sliding the barrel and outer receiver back on.

Both rifles have ingenious and reliable actions and can use .22 short, long, and long rifle.
Both have walnut stocks and decent usable open sights.

Check out this BL-22 review video by mixup98:
(The actual review starts at 1:00 if you want to skip the preamble,)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kif9TEJuwaQ

Last edited by saddlegun; 05/12/21.

UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FIT