It sort of depends on your situation, shooting area etc. I suppose.

I have my own range less than a 100 yards from my front door, putting something up in front of the bench isn't a problem - neither is carrying extra equipment. I used to have (still do, but never use it any more) a chronograph that used screens. It seemed like a good idea at the time. But wind was a problem and keeping the screens up was a problem, and clouds vs. sun shine was a problem.

Since then, I've bought a Magnetospeed Sporter and am very happy with it, even though I don't have to worry about stopping other shooters when I set up the chronograph. It is a new purchase for me and so far it's been flawless in performance.

I considered a Radar unit, but it evidently had a couple of drawbacks - maximum velocity and bullet diameter. I don't know about these drawbacks from personal experience but I've read a respected authority's comments and that is what I've taken away from his experience/comments. I wanted to read what my 17 Hornet was doing and also my 204 Ruger, besides some fast bullets from cartridges.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally