I’ve had the No.1 in both 22” and 20” in 475 Linebaugh. I got greedy and adopted out the 22” unfired in box with it’s beautiful stick of walnut. THEN,… a new 20” popped up at a local live gun option and I took it home. I missed the 22” version I had so this one in 20” would hopefully fill the ‘void’.
It has a plainish walnut stock but the price reflected it. I normally stay at 22” and longer barrels, my preference, however I’m kind of liking the 20” in PISTOL CARTRIDGE chamberings. I also have a No.1 in 44 Mag unfired with a plus grade Circassian stock and 20” barrel.
I was going to say I prefer longer than 20” barrels especially in already short single shot rifles, but the more I handle these the more I like them. I saw where the No.1 20” was available in 450 Marlin. I like the cartridge but would (and did) pass on it in a 20” barrel.
Now if a 44 were to ‘pop up’ at a steal of a price I would be tempted to rechamber it to 444 Marlin. I think Ruger should make a run of 444 Marlins with 22” or 24” heavier barrels. The 20” barrel on my 44 is at least part reason I have not made it a 444 Marlin.

Last edited by Alaninga; 05/16/21.