Like usual I'm slow coming to a post that's something I'm interested in.
I think you will enjoy your 41mag Marlin and find it worth every penny you spent on it. Only a few years before the 1894FG came out I bought a Ruger Blackhawk 41 mag and found I truly liked the caliber and started looking for an 1894S. When the FG was announced I was a little surprised that Marlin was going to make another run of 41's but was really surprised that they would have the pistol gripped stock. I thought it would be alright until I actually saw the pics of the first ones and was immediately disappointed and turned off by them. Several months later I decided that I should get it and learn to live with it. I got it... and I HATED it!!! I had always preferred the looks of straight stocked lever actions but had learned to like the 336 in both configurations. I just couldn't warm up to the 1894 with the pistol gripped stock. (To shorten things up) I whined about it so often on MarlinOwners.com that a guy traded me the bottom metal, lever and butt stock from his 1894 Cowboy for mine. To top it all off I had to remove the checkering from the forearm on mine to make it match the stock I got from him. So I have an FG marked barrel that has a straight stock and is without checkering. Imagine some guy after I'm gone trying to find that cataloged somewhere!

"I know you believe that you understand what you think that I said...
But I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
( A quote of my Father)