Originally Posted by Seafire
95% of my 223 brass is range pick up brass....

I even did an experiment once... regular primed Wolfe Metal cases..

10 range pick up brass pieces...

Loaded them 10 times.... first 5 times, light loads like Blue Dot, 4198 etc.

next 5 times, overloaded the crap out of them... they held together better than regular brass did....

did so just to test, "just in case" some other democRat like Obama was, got into office...

and guess what we have again......

One thing about it, here range brass is in good supply. I've brought this up before and some guys won't pick up brass just laying there for the taking, like it is the plague. Some here have said you can't trust it. That may be true if you don't know what you are looking at. I rarely pick up range brass anymore, now that I have a good supply of it, but that is the only reason. I remember picking up a chit ton of it in one range trip. That was enough to supply me for quite a few years. Something like 1,000 FC once fired and close to the same amount of PMC. Back when PMC bronze ammo was cheap. One thing I liked about that brass was I did not have to swage the primer pockets. I've found both the PMC and FC to be good quality brass. The FC is likely the same exact chidt as LC, since Federal had the military contract for quite some time. As we know, not all federal brass is created equal, but if it has the scamp marks it is likely good stuff:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Since no one has mentioned FC brass with scamp marks. Something to keep an eye out for. ^^

I know I've been pretty happy with this batch of range pickup from about 4 years ago. Still using it and it's still going strong. This was one of the first groups I fired with that range pick up brass:

Then with my Northtech Defense:

And then more recently with the same rifle and load:

And then with my new BCM. Load with that FC range pick up brass still working pretty good:
It's hard to complain about something that works so well.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA