Originally Posted by shaman
What I think is the height of stupidity in this thread is the assumption both sides make that the other side is stupid.

Up until 14 January, I would have been 1st in line for any vaccine if it had been offered. Then I started coughing at work one day. The plant manager called me that night and told me my buddy in the next office had caught the disease and I needed to quarantine. The next day, I started running a serious fever. Someone on here recommended a treatment of Zinc, Quinine, and Vitamin D, and I started getting relief in about 24 hours. I was back to work in February, feeling like I'd been hit by a truck. Everyone else in the house got it as well. At work, everyone of our management got it. Our second shift supervisor died from it.

Here it is almost June, and I am still feeling the effects. That was a serious hole. I still don't have my stamina back. I am also still having night sweats. The latter is a fairly common after-effect with me. I've had pneumonia a few times, and for up to 6 months after, I sweat heavily in the wee hours. The reason I mention this is that my body is still reacting to the disease. It's okay. I'm not complaining. I just know something big happened.

My point is: what does a guy do after that? Rush out and get stuck twice, because the government says it's a good idea? These are the same yahoos that say I don't need assault weapons and that I'm too white. They say we can spend ourselves to prosperity and that we need to ditch gasoline-driven cars. Do I go get stuck twice because some yahoo on the 'Fire says I'm stupid if I don't? Look, I'm sorry about somebody's sister and all. I know people that died in this as well. If someone would show me a good reason to get stuck with something that requires that I trust my government, versus trust the various processes that are going on in my body as we speak-- processes I have to trust either way, regardless of my choices-- I might choose to get stuck. Just don't call me stupid and expect me to line up.

I am waiting to see how the test subjects go before any serious decision either way.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.