Originally Posted by BC30cal
John;
Good evening, I hope the last Friday of May was decent for you folks and that you and Eileen are well.

It's interesting where one finds VW vans sometimes in rural BC as well, though admittedly less now than say in the '80's.

A hunting mentor of mine, a Mennonite market garden farmer from Ft. St. John showed me photos of a VW van he'd modified with an extended fiberglass roof. That was so his saddle horse could go into the side door you see......

Jake had a photo of the horse saddled up, with good new caulked shoes, pulling the VW up a particularly slick bit of Peace River backroad.

I don't know the mechanics of it all John, but Jake was a scrupulously honest chap in all ways as far as I knew. He'd shot a whole bunch of stuff with a 95 in .30-40 too and had photos and some racks to show for it, as well as his name in the BC records for moose.

Anyways, folks seem to like this photo when I throw it up.

As I understand it, both chaps involved had 4x4 pickups that were in various states of repair and well, it was moose season and the mountains were calling John. grin

I'll note one of the participants was a buddy and neighbor who is still quite a hoot to hunt with and they took the moose to the chap who cut our game at the time, so I can vouch for the authenticity of the photo, it absolutely happened - BC Redneckery at it's finest. laugh

[Linked Image]

All the best to you and Eileen as we settle into summer.

Dwayne

Hello Dwayne, that wouldn't be an old Lada would it?

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.