Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Originally Posted by RiverRider
I had the impression he wasn't referring just to very fast aircraft (what's so unbelievable about that??), but weapons and aircraft that could do other more unusual things. Wish I could pick that dude's brain these days. Probably dead.

My uncle flew in the Navy as a WV-2 crewman. We're talking very late 50s or very early 60s. He tells me he once tracked an aircraft moving at well over Mach 2 while flying the picket from Guam (or was it Midway? Memory fails me) to Adak.

That's really interesting.
It surprised me what a family member shared with me the year that he died. Those old timers took their mil secrets very seriously.
The Germans had an early jet at WW2 that was not mass produced.
From what ive read, Stealth fighters are old tech from the period your uncle talked about. Decades later it was unclassified.
There's all kinds of weapons that include partical beams, frequecy weapons high and low extremes, just about anything your imagination can think of has been invented. It's not mass produced for the soldiers, but robotics, Land, Sea and Air are common realities that can be outfitted with anything.
They find the effective economics of thousands of cheap little "drones" more effective than high priced prototypes. Bacterial and viral are the weapons of choice right now. It's in the daily news and pushed as a virtue.

Speaking of military drones; the fires in California last year were definitely, intentionally started in part by drones. Check out these “flamethrower drones”:

https://youtu.be/07rtBip9ixk

Smith and Wessons are Thoroughbreds; Rugers are Clydesdales —John Taffin