When the Quiets first came out they were pretty cheap, about $2.25 a box, so I bought a bunch as practice ammo. They were good enough up to 50 yards for offhand practice, as long as I ignored or adjusted for the POI difference. In auto or SS pistols, they were okay as well, single fed in the autos. Haven’t done well enough in anything to be considered for shooting live critters (I don’t have a barn), and I’ve never bought more. The Auto version seems more promising, and cycles the autos, so I may buy more of those if I find them at a decent price. Seems like both were higher than SV before the crunch hit, and SV is a much more useful round. The even less powerful Colibris have only good to about 10 yards or so, single-fed in pistols, and land about 3/4” low at that range (my basement).

A couple of years back, SGammo had RWS HPs in both SS and HS for about $25 a brick. I bought a couple of each (the SS was my standard small game load). Wish I had bought a lot more now! That’s one instance where “Mr. Prepared” futzed up, for sure. Still have enough to hunt with, but at that price, especially the SS, they’re a great all-around ammo, just like SV. At $8 or $9, not so much.

Last edited by Pappy348; 06/05/21.

What fresh Hell is this?