Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
I don't know what the woman saw. Perhaps she just needs a little bit of lithium oratate?
Some use it for their hallucinations.

Regardless, there's lots of critters in Florida that some would consider living dinosaurs.

Here's one thats not a baby.
I handled one about this size that ripped my arm open.
No big deal. I didn't drop it.
[video:youtube]https://abcnews.go.com/US/giant-lizard-terrorizes-florida-family-moving-backyard/story?id=57499299[/video]

*cough cough BULLSHIT *cough cough*

What ya choking on, a rooster?

Why would I make something like that up?
Those things have claws like curved large raptor talons.
When you pick one up and restrain the head/ neck, they will thrash unless they're body weight is supported. Problem is that if they are further alarmed or defensive, they will hug your arm, insert those long claws, then pull back.

If I would've dropped him, he and I would've ended up on the news like the one in the video.

Oh. I assumed that it bit you and ripped your arm open and since they're venomous, that would be not so good. My apologies.

No worries. You had no way of knowing.
The saliva of the much bigger Komodo monitors is considered "venomous" , but not technically like a rattlesnake. The saliva is incredibly toxic from the pathogens. They can grab a deer, yet it gets away. Then they sniff it out as it dies from sepsis.

The water monitor, like the one in that news video link, is pretty nasty too. That's the kind that grabbed me after I grabbed it.
Normally, Even the claws are filthy. In the wild, If the food is too big to eat whole, they rip it up with the claws after it gets ripe .
I used mine for the ministry and only fed it smaller lab animals, mainly rats. Someone insisted that I bring it to a big revival meeting. I hadn't handled it for a long time and it wasn't ready or used to the loud singing prior while caged. When I took him out, he reacted, everyone was loud and spooked it more.
That white dress shirt turned red right now. 😄
That's was a highlight, because I don't like boring memories. It bled well and I cleaned it, so no sepsis.