Originally Posted by MTGunner
We hunted with GH in 2016. His operation is fantastic and the lodge 5 star. We had a trip booked for 2020 but covid prevented and NZ was closed. We have paid the deposit and have spoken to Gary late winter to hopefully go back late July. Problem is NZ. If there is merely one or two cases of coved the PM shuts the country down. Gary has no control over this situation.
We will be attending the SCI convention in LasVegas this coming January. Spoke to Gary about this and his reply was that if he attends and has a booth his operation will be in full swing.
BTW, his lodge on the South Island and surrounding area is drop dead gorgeous. Incredible animals, great food, pick up and drop off, very comfortable and Gary is a true gentleman and darn good outfitter. PM me if you require more information. MTG

Your experience sounds like mine although I used Kiwi Safaris. Excellent accommodations, food and beverage was top shelf and the hunt was memorable. I took a nice Red Stag and Tahr. Would love to go back again.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.