I've owned quite a few Leupolds. I've sent three back for repair. Two were fixed, one was not - the repair department couldn't find anything wrong with it. But groups with that scope were not good and changing scopes made all the difference in the world. I still own a lot of Leupolds. I wonder about they guy who couldn't find anything wrong with that scope... Was it one bad guy/tester? Was their testing the fault? I don't know.
What I do know, is I think that a scope that does not fail is many times more important than lifetime warranty, perfect lens, pretty much anything to do with a scope.
What's important to me:
does not fail, good lens, enough eye relief, once sighted in - always sighted in, crosshairs, focus, ease of adjusting POI, warranty

I took a 280 out for a prairie deer hunt. It shot 1/2 MOA groups with the load I was using. I had a standing broadside shot at a nice White Tail. The bullet landed between the legs of the deer. I had a spare rifle in the truck and finished the hunt successfully. When I got back to the range the bullets landed way way low and way to the right. That was over 30 years ago, I don't recall what scope I had on that rifle. But choosing a scope after that episode was quite a bit more important for me.

Last edited by Bugger; 06/11/21.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally