Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I just got off the phone with S&W Customer Service. The guy claims they're producing them and sending them out to satisfy existing orders at places like Midway USA and Brownells, but they can't keep up with demand. The reason this seems fishy to me is that I have been on both of their "Contact Me" lists for a couple of months, i.e., they are supposed to email me whenever they get a shipment in, yet in the two months I've been on those lists, I haven't gotten a single email telling me they came in. If S&W were actually shipping them to those two online stores, I'd have gotten emails. I told him this, and he said that there were likely people ahead of me at Brownells and Midway, but that's not how "Contact Me" works. "Contact Me" works by sending an email out to everyone on that list whenever they get a shipment in, and then its a race to order before they run out again. No emails means that they are not getting any from S&W. I told him this, and he admitted that they are having enough trouble making enough mags just to put in the boxes with the guns they are selling, i.e., they are selling the guns like hotcakes.

I don't know. Something smells fishy about this.

I’ve had problems with me not being notified by Midway multiple times this year. I never called to ask why. Brownells is worse, they apparently have multiple data bases that don’t always correlate. Several times I’ve been able to buy an item over the phone or online, only to find its out of stock because it’s already been purchased or doesn’t exist. I called one time this year and was basically told that what appears online doesn’t always exist, even if you buy it. I wouldn’t doubt it’s just a strait supply and demand issue, supply chain and scheduling issue.

Last edited by smallfry; 06/11/21.