I have reservations about the overall practicality of the ultra light revolvers in magnum calibers with full power loads. I’ve had a 357 PD for a number of years and, with hot.41 magnum loads it’s right up there with my 500 S&W as far as unpleasant to shoot. I assume such guns are made to be “carried a lot and shot a little,” but, for a gun primarily intended as a SD piece, do you want to just shoot it a little?

I’ll always keep my 357PD. I like the novelty of it. One of these days I’ll get around to making loads a little better tailored to the size and weight of the gun. If I really feel the need to carry a minimal large caliber revolver my 629 Mountain Gun is small enough, and these days it doesn’t take too long to have had enough fun for the day with that. I don’t seem be anywhere near as tough as I used to think I was. Given that pain-free days, especially in hands and wrists that have suffered a level of abuse for many years, are becoming less frequent, easy shooting loads/guns become of more interest.

Mathew 22: 37-39